Tuesday, August 11, 2009

“Global warming creates volatility. I feel it when I’m flying” « Watts Up With That?

And they wonder why some of us are, well, skeptical.

"I can feel it when I'm flying..."

Really?

I'll dig deeper into my feelings about AGW (anthropogenic global warming, if you haven't been following the proceedings) at some other time. In a nutshell, I'd describe myself as agnostic. Lots of reasons to believe "conventional wisdom," lots of reasons to be skeptical. Topping the latter has to be the quality of the discourse, particularly those whose first words are "the science is settled!"

Rule #1. If you want me to believe you, A. Don't insult my intelligence, B. Don't lie to me, and C. Don't tell me being skeptical is good on some occasions, and unacceptable at others.

H/t -- Anthony Watts, at WUWT, of course. You'll be seeing his name frequently, I expect.

“Global warming creates volatility. I feel it when I’m flying” « Watts Up With That?

Posted using ShareThis

No comments: